11.8.11

We DIY: Crafternooning!

Today, I embarked on a wonderful
crafternoon: an afternoon solely devoted to the joys of creating crafts
After occupying many insomnia filled hours on DIY blogs (notably: design*sponge, craftgawker & polli), I had lots of ideas brewing. . . spent the day collecting random junk on main st. at iFound Gallery, Urban Source, some dollar stores, & the love of my life: Stepback on w. Broadway.

So here starts the crafternoon

~ hex nut bracelet ~ found on thisisglamorous
Supplies were pretty easy to find. I used some leftover wool instead of twine like in the original version, and rummaged through my dad's toolbox for the hexagon studs.

Love the outcome!


%


the next thing I made were ~ bow tie paper clips ~ from How About Orange,
>I started with some random fabric ends I found in the house &&& my trusty new glue gun.
...et voila!
cuter than pie.
Now I just need to start eating Altoids by the millions so that I'll have a cute tin to store them in.


%


Next are ~ fabric covered pots ~ from Christine Chitnis' blog
>Got these planters at Welk's discount store on Main (a place of many wondrous treasures) for a whole dollar/each. I then attacked them with an old (beloved) Maui&Sons t-shirt that unfortunately hasn't fit in years but of which I'm very attached to. So I thought: why not reuse it to repot my beautiful cacti I rescued from M.E.'s apartment (since the silly girl was trying to kill extinguish them) ...
Pots complete: cacti migrate tomorrow to their new neon shark home!


%

~ ribbon key necklaces ~
>skeleton keys bought at ifound... infatuated.


%


Last but not least... I am working on this beautiful Rebecca Taylor sweater, work in progress.
back is finished!

No comments: